Sunday, December 23, 2012

The sweetest things about Christmas...



I will be the first to admit that I am a very emotional person around the holidays. So of course during our FHE today and watching a video on the birth of Christ and the reason for the season I got all emotional while talking with the kids. Halle was so cute and turned to me and asked why when we talk about Jesus that people start to cry. So I got to have a great discussion with the kids about the spirit we feel. Emery was adorable and put my face in her hands and asked why I was crying and told me it was okay and then ran and got me a towel. Tyler surprised me again with his knowledge of the gospel and was telling the rest of us about the atonement and the spirit of Christmas is the spirit of giving. Treven was Treven and started to cry a little bit and said how much he loves the baby Jesus and that he will try and be nicer to his sister. Halle and Treven are like water and oil most the time and don't mix but when they get along boy do they have fun!

I bore my testimony to my kids and am glad I felt like I should do this today. This was probably the one FHE that the kids didn't fight or roll around the on the floor asking when we would be done. They actually sat and listened and then kept asking questions! It only too til the end of the year to see the power of FHE and make all the other frustrating FHE all worth it! I am not the best public speaker and just can't seem to get out what I want to say when I try and bear my testimony in church. I feel so blessed to be the mother to my 4 kids and to have found Ryan. I can't wait for Christmas to come and feel like I am even more excited then Treven, I know that is a hard one to beat!

Okay Christmas here we come.................

No comments: