Monday, April 22, 2013

I can't believe Tyler is 13!

April 19, 2013 brought Ryan and I into the world of teenagers when Tyler turned 13 today! I can't believe that little 7 lbs 4 0z baby is no longer my baby but in Jr. high and offical in the teens!

Tyler I watched you the last 13 years and still can't believe you have gone from my little buddy that I did everything with to such a wonderful young man. I see the way you treat people and try to be a friend to everyone. I see the great example you are to your brother and sisters. You are always willing to help dad and I and I don't think a day goes by were you don't have me laughing from something say or do. It scares me that I only have 5 more years until your mission, but I wouldn't trade these next couple years or the last 13. I have loved every minute being your mom even when me or you are at our wits ends, and every night I thank Heavenly Father that he has allowed to be your mom. I love you and am so proud to call you mine. I hope you had a wonderful 13 birthday!

Ryan and I gave him some money and then in May Ryan and him will go down to St. George for a golfing trip and Tyler will get to go and fly in a helicopter. Tyler has his future planned were he wants to join the army and work on and fly helicopters. He is way excited to get the chance to go up and see if he truly wants to fly.

Tyler's birthday started with breakfast in bed and getting woken up to Ryan and I's singing. Then it was off to school for Tyler and for mom to come down to make her little boy blush. During his math class the girls and I got to go into his class and bring doughnuts for everyone and have them sing to Tyler. I didn't think if would embarrass him to have mom at school, and I even did my hair!, but boy did he go red in the face and I think it might be something to do with a certain girl in the class! Since Ryan had a meeting and we couldn't take Tyler out for his birthday lunch I went and got Two Jacks Pizza for Tyler and Carter to eat at lunch time. Tyler then had a baseball game out in Payson and after Tyler and Ryan went out to see Oblivain together.

Since Tyler had his ball games we invited everyone over for sunday dinner and cake and ice cream. With Ryan's family it is always a party! Tyler had fun playing with his cousins, getting more money from the Grandparents and Grandma and Grandpa Averett stopped by to wish Tyler a happy birthday.














The other exciting thing this weekend was Ryan bought him a motorcycle and the kids were loving it. I think that helmet was passed from kid to kid and Ryan was giving out a lot of rides on Sunday.













I had to take a picutre of the famous "girls" blanket. This Blanket has made it through 2 little girls, has been to Disneyworld and Disneyland along with many other states, it is held together by threads and just recently was chewed on and made a bit more "holey", but she keeps on ticking and Emery will not let go of this blanket! If this isn't love then I don't know what is.




No comments: