Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy birthday Tyler the big 12

Time flies by way to fast when your oldest is no longer that cute 7 lbs 4 oz infant you just brought home from the hospital but a handsome young man who will be getting the priesthood and going to jr high next year! Tyler's birthday was a very busy day for him since he had the Hersey track meet and two baseball practices. He did well at the Hersey track meet running the 200 and winning his heat and the ran the 800.the best part was his friends telling the announcer that it was his birthday and watching his buddies pull him over to the announcer and then listening to his buddies sing happy birthday to him with 4 other schools joining in! That made Tyler's day! Tyler had me bring doughnuts to share with his class and then he got to come home early and hang out with carter until practices started.

It is weird to think my baby is 12 but I am excited for him to start going to young men's, getting the priesthood, moving in to jr high and all the other fun stuff he gets to do this year, the only thing that I could wait another year or two is the "girl" part. Lucky for this mom his head is more wrapped around sports and friends.

Tyler's decons teacher asked me something we do to strengthen out mother son relationship together and all I could say is he is my right hand man. Not only do we get to do the fun stuff together like playing catch or any kind of board game but he is right there to help me out and make life at home better by being a wonderful big brother, he got Treven to finally stop being afraid of the ball and just catch it in his mitt, and a resonsuble son who I can trust and get help from. Poor kid has even helped me by changing emery's diaper.

We love you bud!

1 comment:

The Grover Gang said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I can not believe how big he is! He is so darn cute and he will most definitely be fighting off the girls way too soon! Tyler sounds like the perfect son and brother!