Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentines day at the Strong household always begins with a good breakfast that most of the kids like, pink heart shaped pancakes, unless you are Treven and all you ever want for breakfast is good old fashioned sugary cold cereal! The kids were excited to take all their Valentines to school and Treven had to remind mom about teacher Valentines so mom was doing the mad dash down to Reams since I forgot, thank you Treven! After school we did our Valentine day drop offs to the Grandparents and then came home and had a dinner of the kids choosing, Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup. I really don't know why I even cook!

I have carried on the tradition of my mom's Valentines and so every year this is when they get their new swimsuits. Along with with swimsuit they also get a balloon and candy. Emery was more excited about the balloon than anything and so of course mom helped her out and ate some of her chocolate heart, funny that every year they get the candy that mom likes!

Ryan gave me my Valentine's early by taking the kids on the weekend so I could go on my annual girls trip with my friends. This year we were only able to go for 1 night but we made the most of by playing most of Saturday away and sleeping! I can't remember the last time I just lounged around in bed until noon and it wasn't the night after I worked, but it did feel like it since we stayed up so late. I have a wonderful group of girls that I got to go and have some fun shopping, pedicures, good food, good conversation/gossip, and a movie that turned out ticking all of us off, so much for good chick flicks anymore!  It was a blast but of course while I was away Tyler and to go and have his best game ever this basket ball season. He does this with every sport. When I can't make it he has to go and do something great, like win the game with 4 seconds left and he gets to shoot to fould shots, missing the first and then sinking the second for the win! Lucky for me he not only had Ryan cheering him on but his Grandpa Averett and that is even better than having old mom their. That is one thing that I hope my kids never forget is how much support he has from his family.







Treven bummed that he has to have a pancake and not cereal!


We really need to get a new camera!

The girls just had to try out their new swimming suits and had a party in the tub.

No comments: