Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jan 2012 Here we come!

I has been a weird Jan with no snow until last weekend and the temperatures in the 50's. Lezlee and I took the kids to the park one day and there we were with kids running around in barefeet during Jan! Life is back in full swing with early morning basketball for Tyler, Basketball games which Ryan is coaching his team this year and the sarted off with a win on Saturday, way to go Grizzlies! Treven is ready to start his basketball which starts next week. Halle is back doing gymnastics, while mom and Emery are going to tackle some potty training. Mom has been the one holding back and not wanting to since this girl has been peeing in the toliet since October I just haven't wanted to do the whole potty training thing yet, I have to admit I love just throwing a diaper on and not worrying about potty breaks on errands!

Like I said it finally snowed on Saturday and the kids could not wait to play in it. Treven had even told me that his Christmas break wasn't fun because we didn't have any snow! Well Treven had a grand day in the white stuff. Halle, Emery, and Treven got to play down in the snow at Grandma and Grandpa Averett's while I went to Tyler's Basketball game. Then they came home and Kim Oberg had built a nice little sledding mound in his backyard which Halle and Treven and a ball on. Then Treven went and played in the snow with Cole. By the time Treven was done playing outside he couldn't feel his fingers! But he had a huge smile on his face. Emery loved the snow and now she wants to be the big girl out playing with the kids.

Emery is starting to talk non stop and I love all the new words she is learning. My favorite has to be when she told me she wanted to play with Grandpa Averett. Now I know I didn't teach her Averett, but she has picked up on that and now she loves to play and call Grandpa Averett all the time.

Janette had to tell me a funny thing Tyler said while we were gone on our little trip. Tyler was getting mad at Treven while they were playing the a Wii game because he wasn't playing it by the rules or how you are suppposed to play the game. Tyler finally yelled at Treven, "You have to play the game the right way, just like the scriptures!" Way to go Tyler, I hope you always Choose The Right!




FHE got a little out of control Monday night. We were having soup in a bowl and Treven was having a hard time with eating dinner and so Ryan through a piece of bread at Treven to make his laugh and the next thing we know there is an all out food fight! Sorry Janette, you come for dinner and always get more than you bargin for! We couldn't just stop at the bread and then there were noodles flying and faces in the soup. Now I have finally figured out way one time or another I have had to clean food off my celings, RYAN!



1 comment:

Riley and Steph said...

Looks like a FUN food fight! Our kind of FHE! We are there with you with the potty training...it is just breaking down and staying home a week to do it! Oakley has been peeing in the potty for over 6 months! LOL...