Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer is here and time to play!

Wow, I can't believe how fast the first two weeks of summer went. It started out with getting Memorial day over with and then things just went from there. We got started on our summer schedule of getting chores and homework done in the morning and then it was fun time. The kids have had fun playing water games outside in the yard with the neighborhood kids, just plain playing with friends, going to baseball and softball games almost every night, and hiking the Y. We had a family Home evening that I had all the kids give me some things that they wanted to do this summer. Well Emery had told mom she watnted to hike the big toe mountain, or aka the Y. She did some of the hiking and then spent most of the time on mom's back. She and Halle did however pick up some beautiful flowers along the way! We went with the Clements kids and Marla and had a blast! Even thought I was sure I was going to puke up a lung!

With Baseball Ryan is coaching Trevens team, and helping with Tylers excellerated team and when he can his city team with uncle steve, so I decided this year (this is the first time in a very long time) that I am not coaching a team. But it has been so nice to just go to a game and watch the kids and not worry about finding help with the kids while I coach. Halle is playing coach pitch and is doing a great job!

A huge mile stone with year was Grandpa Averett retireing from Geneva Rock after more than 41 years of service! We had him and Grandma up for a retirement dinner here and Jackie wrote the most amazing poem about our dad! I hope my kids will always remember the example him and my mom have set about working hard, complaining will never make a job get easier, and the job isn't done until it is finished and finished well. Thank you dad for your love, support, example, and hard work!











The first week of June brought swim lessons for Halle and emery along with Treven doing the seals swim team. Boy now are morning are filled with rushing down the pool four times a day but we love it!


No comments: